28 August 2008

Karma Crochet

I met Patricia the woman behind Karma Crochet at the Etsy Dallas BeerBQ event. Here's my interview with her... I hope you enjoy getting to know her as much as I did. :)

Introduce yourself, please. (name, location, shop site, blogsite, etc.)
My name is Patricia and I currently live in Dallas, TX with 3 cats: Sam, Jessie and Melba. I was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I moved to the US 10 years ago.
Shop site: www.karmacrochet.com
Blog: www.karmacrochet.blogspot.com

Is Etsy your primary “job”? If not, what else do you do?
I work full time for a software company, there I wear several hats but my main function is
to supervise the customer service and technical support team. I started my Etsy store in January this year and my current goal for it is to get supplemental income doing what I love: crafting. Long term, I see it as an occupation during retirement but that is wa-a-a-ay far away.

What’s your favorite color and why?
My favorite color is blue, it soothes me very much, however I go through phases with green, orange, pink, brown, gray and black. Sometimes I like to surprise myself with different colors.

If you could have a super power, which would it be? why?
Hmmm super power...I always liked the idea of looking at the magazine and being able to grab the item pictured and have it in my hands.

What have you created that you are most proud of?
Every item I create gives me a sense of accomplishment, however I made a wall hanging in filet crochet (this was years ago) that took me a year to finish. I treasure it.

What’s your fave snack and why?
I'm not a snacker, but if I have to I grab cheese - I love cheese all kind especially the stinky ones.

What kinds of things do you do to get the creative juices flowing?
More than doing something to motivate me I just wait until something comes to mind. I really do not force it I just go with the flow.

If you could be a fruit, what kind would you be and why?
I will say strawberry, small and sweet.

How did you get started creating things and what is your best loved material to work with?
I started knitting and crochetting at an early age, (4 or 5 years old) for my Barbie, in Argentina you could not buy her clothes. I also sew and do embroidery but I always liked yarn. Still amazes me that from that stringy material you create very cool stuff. I also like fabric and paper, the colors and patterns make me feel alive.

In 10 years I'd like to be ...
able to do crafts from home full time and get away from the corporate environment.

If you could sign up for a class right now, what would it be?
Oh yes, piano lessons I would love to play the piano.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me about you, Patricia. I enjoyed it. Please be sure to check out her shop. She has fabulous gift items for your holiday needs or to treat yourself.

9 comments:

Karmacrochet said...

Alicia,

Thank you so much for featuring me. I also enjoyed answering your questions.

:-)

Patricia

April H said...

Great interview! Off to check out her shop now!

Hope you had a great day,

April

PS--Opening my own B&B is actually one of my longterm goals :) So thanks for mentioning that!!

Rosebud Collection said...

Very good interview..you did a great job..wonderful things too..

Sarah McBride said...

what a great interview. Her stuff is really neat I will definately keep an eye on her shop!!

Unknown said...

What an awesome interview and feature. Her shop is just beautiful!

Jennifer said...

What a fun feature! It's awesome that you got to meet the person behind the shop :-)

Allison said...

Good questions to see the behind-the-scenes in someone's mind :]

Cthings said...

Oh, you do have a great way of interviewing! I liked when you ask what kind of fruit you would like to be.

Kara Lennox said...

I'm a little tardy in checking this out, but wow, what a great feature on our friend Patricia! Your blog is lovely, Alicia.

Blog Archive