28 February 2015
08 February 2015
3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2-4 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c bittersweet chocolate chips (make sure they are the GF kind)
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare two rimmed backing sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
4. Add two egg whites and vanilla and beat. (You want the texture of a brownie batter - thick and squishy) If it's too dry or it isn't mixing well, try adding another egg white and so on until you reach the desired consistency.
5. Gently add and stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Spoon batter onto cookie sheets evenly spacing them as you go. If you have a spring release cookie scoop - it will make this step a tiny bit easier.
7. Bake for 14 minutes until the tops are a bit shiny and a little cracked.
8. Slide cookies still on the paper or pat onto cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, if they last that long!
- ▼ 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- ► 2011 (195)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (172)