17 August 2008

Jenny the Elephant

In the DFW area we have been hearing a lot about Jenny the Elephant at the Dallas Zoo. After the death of her companion elephant Keke, the decision was made that the Dallas Zoo, alone, was not the right environment for Jenny. There has been debate about whether she should go to a drive thru safari in Mexico or an elephant sanctuary in Tennesee.

The sanctuary is a great place for Jenny to retire and the cool thing is that there is a live elephant cam where you can check out what the elephants are up to. Jenny has been at the Dallas Zoo for 22 years and has shown significant signs of stress. Please take action for Jenny. By calling or writing you can help the city make the right decision for Jenny.

8 comments:

Moonchild Dancing! said...

I vote for the Elephant Sanctuary! Aww. Thanks for the great links. I posted about a Pig Sanctuary today. :)

Hey Harriet said...

I sure hope Jenny relocates to a place where she'll be happy.

Sewlutions' World said...

She sure is beautiful. I think she deserves to retire to a Elephant santuary.

A Blond And A Torch said...

I love elephants! I also vote for the sanctuary.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that zoos are becoming enlightened to better environments for elephants who need to walk miles every day. I heard that the Bronx Zoo is planning on ending the elephant exhibit for this reason.

Rosebud Collection said...

I always find it sad to take an animal from their home..I hope they find a place that will make Jenny happy..she deserves it.

T.Allen said...

Zoos make me very sad. I hope the right decision is made and I will certainly make my voice heard at th links you provided-thank you.

saffron said...

ahh, I hope she has a happy life. I get so heartbroken thinking of these elephants being unhappy.

Blog Archive