17 June 2008

WHAT?!! You have GOT to be kidding me!

So, I go to get the mail this afternoon and since I haven't checked it in the past few days, there is quite a pile. As I sift through, I see the return address "Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service". Hmmm...I get really excited thinking it is the stimulus check that I have been waiting for since May. I turned the envelope over to open it and I saw the stimulus payment logo. Woo Hoo, more confirmation that it is finally here! I tear into it like a toddler with a birthday present to discover that it is a letter that states that my check shall be released June 20, I should watch for it and it should arrive in the next SIX WEEKS. *Sigh*. Are you kidding me?

I looked for the check every time I went to the mailbox for the entire month of May. Then I kinda gave up on it. A friend later suggested that maybe it might have been stolen out of the mail. Hmmm...I check on the IRS website and it says "status unknown". An informal pol at the office confirmed that 2 out of 12 have received their checks. Then I thought, "I will just wait."
Wow! The IRS really knows how to get a person going, don't they? I hope I don't sound like I am complaining. (I am grateful to have extra money when nothing is getting any cheaper these days.)

My mom always taught me to do what I say and say what I mean. I made the mistake of assuming that this is true of everyone and every entity. Promising something and not delivering is one thing but promising and then teasing and maybe delivering eventually is almost as bad.

During my less than patient waiting, my computer went KAPUT and I had to get a new one. I put it on a credit card (due June 30) since I didn't really have another choice. I was really hoping the stimulus check would arrive in time to help cushion paying that credit card bill.

My point (although it took me a few paragraphs to make it) is that if you too were expecting a stimulus check and haven't received it -- maybe it got delayed like mine. Maybe it will still show up! Anyone else playing the waiting game?

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

I swear, they like to toy with people. But just think, you would have had it already now it is still coming..

Blog Archive