The Irish flag is green, white and orange. The green symbolizes the people of the south, and orange, the people of the north. White represents the peace that brings them together as a nation.
The first year St. Patrick's Day was publicly celebrated in this country was 1737 in Boston. In honor of St. Patty's Day, we're literally doing a "green" Get to Know a Greenie this month. To see more information on that pieces shown, just click on the image.
What green foods or drinks have you consumed on St Patty's?
ALICIA: Green bagels are really about it. If I had a chance too, I'd like to try green eggs and ham.
JACKY: I have partaken in more than my share of green beer and green cocktails that don't fair well thenext morning. Now a days as a professional home executive we make green pancakes and verde milkshakes.
What do you enjoy most about St. Patrick's day?
ALICIA: I love that everyone claims to be Irish on St. Patty's Day! I know that the U.S. is a big melting pot -- bet we are all a wee bit Irish somewhere in a family tree on March 17th! I recall kids pinching each other at school for not wearing green. I'm so glad to be an adult!
JACKY: I think it's great that so many people get together for one day just to celebrate. I love that my kids practice getting you if you're not wearing green all year long.
Jacky of HiFi Jewelry has been creating wearable art from recycled materials with a fun, funky, rock-n-roll edge since 2007.
Alicia of La Alicia is a Recycled Materials Artist continuosly giving a nod to Mother Earth.
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- Get to Know a Greenie: St. Patty's Day Edition
- Saturday Search: Directions
- Treasury Thursday: Paper Cutters Unite
- Eco Monday: Dogwood Canyon Center at Cedar Hill to...
- Saturday Search: Peacock
- Fall 2011 Colors are out!
- Treasury Thursday: TIme for Vacation?
- Saturday Search: Strong
- Valentine's Day Requires Your Own Cupid!
- Treasury Thursday: Eco-Friendly Valentine's Day!
- Dreaming, Motivation, Celebration with Megan Moniq...
- Saturday Search: Slippers
- Treasury Thursday: Shades of Saffron
- Negotiation for Small Business With Erin Engstrom
- Get to Know Greenie: Valentine's Day Edition
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (172)