04 September 2008

Meet Owlbot

Introduce yourself, please. (name, location, shop site, blogsite, etc.)
Jennifer (Jen) Hoadley, Findlay, OH
www.owlbot.etsy.com
owlbot.blogspot.com

Is Etsy your primary “job”? If not, what else do you do?
I have a part time job outside of Etsy. I work as the Office Manager for my church.

What’s your favorite medium to work in and why?
Printmaking on my Gocco! It’s just so much fun!!!

If you could have a super power, which would it be? why?
I’ve used to always say that I’d choose invisibility, because I thought it would be so nice to just have days where no one could see me and I could just roam around unnoticed! But, lately, I’d say super speed, so I could get lots more done in a day!

What have you created that you are most proud of?
The owls I drew for my Etsy shop avatar/banner/logo! I’m actually not that skilled when it comes to drawing, so I was really impressed with how they turned out. And, the fact that others have positively commented on them makes it even better!

What’s your fave dinner and why?
Any Mexican food. I just love Mexican food. Always have. I think it has a lot to do with all of the awesome condiments – salsa, sour cream, guacamole…! Mmmmmm!

What kinds of things do you do to get the creative juices flowing?
I have a hard time forcing myself to create, so I just do it in spurts. I keep a drawing pad by my bed and sketch out some ideas there. If I still like them the next morning, I’m good to go!

If you could be an animal, what kind would you be and why?
A cat. I’ve always loved cats! Or an owl…I think owls are awesome, and they’re nocturnal, which would suit me just fine!

How did you get started creating things?
Oh, I’ve always created in little ways. I’ve always loved combining things that weren’t normally combined. Just for something to do. Or grabbing a pile of something and trying to make a finished product out of it.

In 5 years I'd like to be ...
Crafting and sell my crafts full time!

Tell us one thing that no one on Etsy knows about you.
That’s a tough one! I’ll go with that I love to sing and am obsessed with anything musical related! If I was a good actress, I would probably be spending my nights doing local theater instead of being on Etsy all the time!

What's one gadget that you can't live without?
My cell phone. Even thought I’m not a huge phone talker or texter, I still always have it with me!

Thanks Jennifer, I enjoyed your answers and exploring your shop! :) Be sure to check out Jennifer's shop for more fun stuff.

4 comments:

Sarah McBride said...

what a great interview. CUTE printings.

Chris Stone said...

I love the super power question. I think I'd like to fly myself...

ella parry said...

I love the interview and your blog.

swanriverstone said...

awesome interview. and thanks for your comments...yeah Lady B is a great gal. I saw your post on Etsy. I have you on my October list:)Can't wait tO interview you..your shop and blog ROCKS!!

Happy Crafting:
Ny

Blog Archive