16 January 2014

Moving...Box 1


 

 So, I'm starting a new series this week as I lead up to my move at the end of next month. As I'm sure you've heard, moving is one of the most stressful things you can do. It's total upheaval of your home base. So, through my own experiences I'd like to share some ways to make it a little less stressful.

As I was exploring different places I discovered a Dallas based developer, Nessel Development, who focuses on green and eco friendly in apartments. Green Source DFW did a great article about them here if you want to read more about them. If you're in another area, a search for a similarly aligned developer may be worth your while.

Also, if you're planning a move to an apartment, I recommend checking out ratings by current and past residents. One useful site to do just that is apartmentratings.com. It's a good way to get the kind of inside look that you can't get by just looking at the property and seeing what's available to lease.

In future posts, I'll have some checklists and other suggestions to hopefully make you move less stressful and as eco as possible.

No comments:

Blog Archive