Anniversaries are the celebration of a date when something special happened. The founding of a country or date of a wedding. For wedding anniversaries, there is a set tradition of what makes an appropriate gift. I'm starting a special series here to discuss the traditional and modern twist suggestions with options of handmade items that would make lovely gifts that mark a special occasion.
The first year gift tradition is paper. So, something like this personalized stationery would be a thoughtful and beautiful gift.
ColorBoxDesign has a beautiful array of letterpress monograms to choose from - I'm partial to these Victorian Notecards, $20/set
A more modern twist on first year anniversary gifts is clocks.
This Recycled La Villajoyosa Bonbones Espana Tin Clock $38 is available in my etsy shop, La Alicia. Something like this would be perfect for a couple that loves Spain and Bombones.
What are your favorite kinds of anniversary gifts?
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- More Chairs, Part Two
- Third Thursday: Owl-O-Ween
- Wordless Wednesday: Birdcage
- A Quickie Update
- Wordless Wednesday: Spain
- Sign up to win a Pair of Eco Chic Bobbies!
- Friday Finds: Magenta
- It's Tonight! Hope to see you there!
- Wordless Wednesday: Cowl
- EcoMonday: Farmer's Market
- Friday Finds: Watercolour Bird
- Wordless Wednesday: Peaceful
- What About Anniversary Gifts? Year One
- Over Abdundance of Plastic Bags
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (172)