It's that time of year again -- wedding season!
A friend of mine recently got engaged and was asking for help with wedding ideas that are green and earth friendly. Here are some fun Audubon themed ideas I shared with her. Tweet!
One of my fave places in DFW is the Trinity River Audubon Center. It's an absolutely beautiful place, an LEED certified building and would be a fantastic place to get married especially if the couple is into nature and birds -- and they are.
This sweet handkerchief from SheriAngellCreations could be the bride's something blue and something new all at once. Since it's vintage, it's a green item and so cute and feminine.
I love this rustic bird band ring from tinahdee because it looks so much like the bands that are used to mark birds while being a totally sweet ring. (and with your wedding date on your finger -- how could you ever forget an anniversary?) It's nice that's it different than a traditional ring.
If you check out this artist's profile on Etsy, you'll learn that she enjoys the sensuous nature of working with metals. If you asked nicely, I bet she would even use recycled silver to make your ring.
This boutonnière totally melted my heart. Can you imagine this creation from pompandplumage on the groomsmen's suits?
Ok, I can't leave out the adorable flower girl dress! How cute is this little dress from OliviaKateCouture?
Those were the thoughts I shared with her. I loved seeing her reactions. It was fun to have that girl talk time with her, now back to my regular life. :)
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- Treasury Thursday: Birthday Dreams
- Wordless Wednesday: Octopus Tie
- Eco Monday: Jewelry Keeper Tutorial
- Supplies Me Art + Craft Supply Sale -- It's Today!...
- Treasury Thursday: Deep Dyes Hippie Bazaar
- Wordless Wednesday: Flowers
- Eco Monday: Computer Shoes
- Saturday Event: Lotus Pop-Up Art Shop
- You're Invited!
- Treasury Thursday: Blue, Orange, White
- Wordless Wednesday: Snail
- Eco Monday: Eco Jewelry
- Treasury Thursday: Copper
- Wordless Wednesday: Bloomers
- Eco Monday: How would you recycle these?
- Treasury Thursday: Wood
- Wedding Wednesday: Audubon
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (172)