I heard about Plastiki on NPR while I was sitting in traffic trying to focus on the story instead of my percolating irritation with conjested traffic.
Plastiki is a boat made from recycled materials. They have travelled in this special boat to draw attention to the plight of plastics in our oceans. Read more here to see what you can do to make a difference. Be sure to check out the download section for guides on what plastics to avoid and which ones can be recycled, a guide to fish and other useful fun stuff.
FACT: Nearly every plastic ever made still exists.
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- Eco Monday: Nelson Mandela Launches Clothing Line!...
- Hoot Suite Funny
- Saturday Search: BBQ
- Treasury Thursday: So many beautiful Things
- Wordless Wednesday: Hat
- Eco Monday: Plastiki: Plight of Platics in the Oce...
- Saturday Search: Moisturize
- Treasury Thursday: Leaves of Spring
- Wordless Wednesday: Headpin
- Treasury Thursday: Music in the Night
- Eco Monday: Birthday Sale
- Wordless Wednesday: Sweetpea
- EcoMonday: Make a Hanging Notepad with Etsy
- Saturday Search: Goose
- Treasury Thursday: Earth is Worth it
- Wordless Wednesday: Burlap
- Treasury Thursday: Some gold and a sprinkling of s...
- Eco-Monday: Everyday is Earth Day!
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (172)