In case you're wondering what a ruck sack is, it's a back pack in American English. Why the vocabulary lesson? I learned about a great site I'd love to share with you!
The site stuffyourrucksack.com has tons of lists of charities and NGOs that are helping specific groups of people all over the world. If you'd like to help them, you can read about them and what they are doing and what they need. If you have a little extra room in your luggage, you can take a few things to them from their list. Many groups will let you set up a tour to visit them and drop off supplies while you're in the area.
My friend, Mel, is working at Village of Hope in Grabouw, South Africa. They are in need of children's football kits, netball equipment, Disney DVDs, children's games, and coloring books. So if you're headed that way, please toss a few of these items in your ruck sack and drop them off. The Village of Hope or any of the other organization on the list would be delighted to have your help. Please pay it forward.
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- ► 2011 (195)
- Eco Monday: Reusing Paper
- Eco-Chic Gift Guide on Etsy
- Stuff Your Ruck Sack!!
- Black Friday Sale!
- Consider this while doing your holiday shopping......
- Wordless Wednesday: ventilated
- Saturday Search: Jingle Bash 2010
- Wordless Wednesday: Beautiful
- Jingle Bash: Bag Sneak Preview
- White Rock Local Market
- Wordless Wednesday: Fiction Pendant
- EcoMonday: Water as a Gift
- Saturday Search: Partridge & Pear
- Close Knit: A Must See Event!
- Wordless Wednesday: DNA Tee
- EcoMonday: BankNote Jewelry
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (172)