Ok, so I am confessing my latest
obsession -- owlettes! Molly and Magee's owlettes to be specific. There is a live video feed online you can watch online of this owl family on ustream. On the same site you can watch a hummingbird nest and tons of other sweet nature in action.
I've been watching the babies since they hatched -- they are so sweet. They all have names and they are all molting right now -- they are loosing their baby down and getting real grown up owl feathers. Their parents are beautiful, so I'm sure they will be too. It's been great to watch their transformation from white puffy balls to more owl like creatures. In the past week or so, they have really started to look like their parents -- the owl face has really become more defined.
They do a lot of sleeping during the day and the parents come back to the nest box after dark to feed them. If you don't have a strong stomach, I wouldn't recommend watching the feedings. The babies themselves can be a good way to center yourself in teh middle of a totally hectic day. Enjoy!
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- ► 2011 (195)
- Eco Monday: Big Supplies Destash!
- Saturday Search: Nerd Merit Badges!
- Craft Party: You're Invited!
- Treasury Thursday: If I was to recycle my love for...
- Mark Your Calendar! Supply Sale
- Eco Monday: Eco Chic Bobbies
- Treasury Thursday: i am a lab rat
- Austin Renegade: Wow!!
- Eco Monday: Lemonade
- It's Spring in Dallas Treasury
- The Owlettes!
- Eco Monday: Hair? Really?
- Spring Bash 2010 ROCKED!
- Eco Monday: Green Glue
- It's today and you're invited!
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2009 (172)