20 January 2009

gift

Dictionary
gift |gift|
noun
1 a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present : a Christmas gift | [as adj. ] a gift shop. See note at present .
• an act of giving something as a present : his mother's gift of a pen.
• informal a very easy task or unmissable opportunity : that touchdown was an absolute gift.
2 a natural ability or talent : he has a gift for comedy.
verb [ trans. ]
give (something) as a gift, esp. formally or as a donation or bequest : the company gifted 2,999 shares to a charity.
• present (someone) with a gift or gifts : the director gifted her with a heart-shaped brooch.
• ( gift someone with) endow someone with (something) : she was gifted with a powerful clairvoyance.

When was the last time you gave a gift?

1 comment:

Uneekdolldesigns said...

I think it was on Monday...my sister quilts and while I was at the fabric store I found some material that was like vintage traveling pictures...I knew she'd like it so I got a quarter yard and mailed it to her as a surprise... I love giving gifts!

Blog Archive