One of my friends makes these every once and a while and they are so good they never last long. She shared the recipe, so I'm sharing with you too!
CAUTION: These may become addictive!
Cookies for Chocoholics
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of Mexican vanilla
1 1/4 c. of flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp of double acting baking powder
3 tbsp of cocoa powder
1/2 c. of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. of chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Cream butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Combine vanilla and egg in a small dish and scramble before adding to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
3. Mix well.
4. Add the combined dry ingredients in two additions and mix well.
5. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts and fold in gently.
6. Spoon walnut sized scoops onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
This dough freezes well in case you want to make a double batch and freeze some for drop in guests.
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (101)
- ► 2012 (116)
- Wordless Wednesday: Honey Bear
- Lovely Discovery!
- Attention Chocoholics!
- Friday Finds: Doily
- Thankful Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday: Bagel
- More Chairs, Part Five
- Tomorrow is the Day!
- Wordless Wednesday: Chocolate
- A Very Windy Day
- Saturday Search: luchadors
- More Chairs, Part Four
- Wordless Wednesday: Musical
- More on the Chairs, Part Three
- Wordless Wednesday: Magnolia
- ▼ November (15)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (172)